How to replace log-on, log-off Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

raybay

Where are the sound files kept for changing log-on and log-off sounds. I have clients who have had theirs changed, and need to edit, or remove strange music. What are the rules as to size, format, etc.?

You checked your WINDOWS\media folder for the sounds? I don't think there are any particular rules to size of the file but i'm pretty sure the format has to be .WAV.

As for selecting the sounds you want goto "Start->Control panel->Sound & Audio devices" and then click the sounds tab, scroll down and select "Windows logon/Windows logoff" and click "browse" to choose the correct file.

LL.

go to control panel, sounds....

you can replace default sounds with anything you like or turn it off.

No, that isn't it. I know how to edit sounds. I want to install new sounds, new short bars of music. Where do they go? In what folder are they contained.

You point the logon-logoff paths to the sounds you want. You don't "Install" the sounds, you change the path through Control Panel - Sounds

mikescorpio81 said:
You point the logon-logoff paths to the sounds you want. You don't "Install" the sounds, you change the path through Control Panel - Sounds

Yeah thats right. Raybay you can have the sound files anywhere you want.

both answers are correct.
You change the sound scheme in the control panel applet. If you put a .wav file in the %systemroot%\windows\audio dir you dont have to browse - it will be in the pull down list as this is the native location. Best to make sure you dont replace any of the files already there tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back