TechSpot

How to replace Windows Vista with XP

By educator2008
Nov 12, 2007
  1. Hi every body, i hope i get the helping here,
    i have new labtop hp (compaq 6710b) and it is windows vista supported, and i want to install Win Xp, but durung the installation there is message appare :
    setup did not find andy hard disk drives installed in your computer.

can u send to my e-mail:
    educator2008@hotmail.com

2. robin_bga

robin_bga TS Rookie Posts: 258

Sorry Mate, that is non support for the sata raid, what u can do is get a floppy and save some sata drivers, then somewhere below when installation has just began, u will see some options that allow u to install addition drivers, and it will ask u to press a button, (Sorry i have forgotten, i use linux more) if i remember correctly, its F6.then it will ask u to insert the floppy, if u have the correct drivers, with the inf,ini file in, u will have your system working, i have seen that before and that is how i over came it.That is more common on Compaq and its funny and stupid.
    All the best

Cheers
    Robin

3. educator2008

educator2008 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx very much for ur replay, bu t u know i haven't floppy drive in new labtop,
    and also i tried to enter to the setup and changing the boot list but also the the same thing,pls if u get new idea tell me.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.