How to run chkdsk utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

my computer recently prompted up a message showing that some of the file was corrupted,and asked me to run chkdsk utility.
how do i run chkdsk utility instead of using window xp cd.thanks

In your "my computer", right click on your hard drive, select properties, tools, error checking!!!!!!

cant perform error checking,because it exceed some file on window,and ask me to shecdule this disk check to occur the next time i restart the computer.i cliked ok, and restart.the windows just restart as usual.
and i've try the chkdsk c: /f/r, still can not perform the chkdsk while i restarting ym com.

Sounds like you have a bad file sector.

Does it give you a number before restarting then during chkdsk it says: 'An unspecified error occured'?

You mean like, it says you have to restart it b4 u run chkdsk? I do that when I run chkdsk, though the last time I did one was like, last year...lol

C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>chkdsk c: /f/r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) Y

This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.

it didnt perform the chkdsk while the computer is restarting.just restart as normal.

During the boot process, try to get into the Microsoft Recovery Console. This should be an option when it detects which OS to load. It will just drop you into DOS and you can run chkdsk /r from there.

im having sort of the same problem PLEASE HELP!!

im gettin an error message that says windows corrupt file the file or directory c:\system volume information\_restore{1c6efoeb-9448-48b3-8850-c543b4eb5e14}\rp21 is corrupt and unreadable please run the chkdsk utility

what do i do?

Go to you partition of C drive, click on properties,under Tool of error-checking, click check Now, then tick -automatic fix file system error.
Then you computer will schedule on it when the time the system restarted.
Then next time you system restarting, a blue screen will appear to run check disk.let it finished then you problem will fixec.

Pop Up error

Hi all
Everytime I open a program a box pops up from my tool bar .I am running Vista. Here is what box states

CORRUPT FILE (Name of program I just opened here?

The file or directory /program file /google is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the CHKDSK UTILTY.

How do I fix this problem. Do i have firus or worm

I await your reply
thank GB

Nothing fix this problem

I have done all that has been sugessted above. Nothing. everytime I start up my computer or open any program. This box pops up

lets say I open AOL .

Pop up is

AOL.EXE. Corrupt file
The file or directory /program file /google is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

anyone thanks

Observation: Your chkdsk is already in the wrong directory. It has to be in the system32 dir. why? because there are other file it needs to carry out the execution and, that is the reason you are getting the message already used by other process.

ALL4NAIJA

Hi captgene,
can you create a new post in this forum, stating the problem and everything that you have done since having it.

This thread is very old (started by dannydy back in October last year ! )

It is wiser to create a new post

This thread should be closed

Danny

I did run regcure. its telling me I have 938 errors can this be right????? It also wants me to buy the program to remove these errors. Sounds fishy to me.
Any suggestion ???? Does regcure really work to fix my pop up and make system run smoother
gb

Yes "Regcure" is a pay for program.
It detects many things, including reg keys that are vacant or void (shortcuts that no longer exist)
These registry entries can be made by programs that have been un-installed, but the registry shortcut still exists.

Although Regcure is a good program, I advise you not to purchase it, or to repair all the problems, without knowing what they are. (especially without a restore point being made.

As stated in my previous post, you are advised to create a New Thread for your problem, otherwise you may not receive the best support for you.
I advise you again, to create a NEW THREAD, for your benefit.
You do not need to reply here as well. Just state everything you have done so far, and what the fault is.

I am having the same problem and in addition I cannot seem to get Chk Dsk running it just flashes up on the screen for a second. I need help - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back