TechSpot

How to run Win XP mode on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

By tester2
Feb 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I got mdg laptop/pc having Intel core 2 duo processor inside, and Windows 7 professional 32-bit o/s on it, so i want to use windows XP Mode on this Laptop, i already read a lot on microsoft site & tried many things no success at all.I don't have special type VT compatable processor in my pc/laptop, but both are having win 7 pro.

i tried both of this patches unable to install
    Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu & Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu

So if you can let me know from where i have to start from the begining then i will give a try.

And i like to know where i have to check x86 or x64 win 7 pro , i already look in COMPUTER properties, it is not showing x64 etc there.

my aim is to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional, so can any body let me know whether my processor is good or not, . if good the how to get success to run win xp mode.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,373   +167

google something like how to xp mode You'll find many guides and "how to" videos

3. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,095   +22

To find out more about which version of Windows 7 you are running, type into the 'Search' box; name
    Then in the list that appears, click on; See the name of this computer

4. tester2

tester2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i finally install Windows XP Mode on my Laptop & PC having this processors.

1) I get Success on MDG Laptop Windows XP Mode working good, having this processor -- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @1.60 GHz @1.60 GHz

2) I did not get Success on MDG PC installation of all files ok, when I click on Windows XP Mode, it is not going to start after waiting long time nothing comes up, so restart PC check again same problem, having this processor -- Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

So i like to know is there any way i can run Win XP Mode on my PC.

thanks again.

5. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,095   +22

6. tester2

tester2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

any way i try uninstal & reinstal on PC no luck at all. So i am not doing any more on my PC.

Now i just stick to my laptop, on my laptop Win xp mode is working fine, and resion to instal this mode is to get work my old printer & web cam. both of the i install in win xp mode still this things are not working, so i like to know how the printer (old canon printer) & webcam (old Lebeca webcam)get work on this.

is there any more things i have to install to get this things work,.

For sure both are in working condition, still i am using by installing their drivers on my old Win XP PC, so webcam & Printer are in working condition,. but i want to use them in Win XP Mode on Windows 7 Pro system.

Please let me know is there any thing else i am missing on my Laptop to get this things in work

thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.