How to setup 3 Monitors? Using GeForce 7200 GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

husamn

hi,

I have Nvidia GeForce 7200 GS ( 1VGA + DVI + S-Video )
also built in VGA on motherboard.

so 2 VGAs and 1 DVI

is it possible to make it?

I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless your mainboard's integrated graphics just won't work when another graphics card is plugged in.

Just plug in the monitors and enable displays, that should be all.

I just did a test with my bro's monitor, my monitor is plugged in the Nvidia GFX's VGA and I plugged my bro's monitor in the motherboard's VGA.

nothing happened....no signal, and nothing shows in the display properties.

:|

Maybe I should buy a new VGA PCI card?

or still wont work?

Sorry I have not looked up your video card model, or read the manual.
But you normally need to go to the Advanced settings in your Display settings (in Control Panel) to allow dual monitors. (by default they are always set to one)

You may need to read your cards manual (or manufactures website guidelines) on setting up more than one monitor

I have 2 DVIs and SVideo on my gts320.. you're saying there's a way to connect 3 monitors to that???

(if thats not possible, I also have a very old Nvidia Riva TNT card, a very old ATI Rage and a very old Voodoo card..
is it possible to connect this to a pci slot and connect a third monitor???)

Actually I'm not aware that all 3 Monitors will turn on together (probably not)
But the 2 DVIs can, if your graphics card allows expanding to two monitors (probably yes)

So it's 3 no (together that is) and 2 yes

By the way, depending on your m/b and video card you can have more than 2
But I'll leave that to the hardware experts, to hopefully provide some links

In the meantime, please go to your video cards manufactures support website, and try to find info on dual display setup

I bought 2 new LCD monitors. and all of them are working now!!!!!!!!!!

w00000000000000000000000000000000t

kimsland said:
In the meantime, please go to your video cards manufactures support website, and try to find info on dual display setup

if you are talking to me here^^
I am already running dual screens, you don't need dual display drivers..
you only need the regular display drivers, I was just asking if there was a way I could perhaps increase the output to 3 monitors, since I have a third one I can use, unfortunately my M/B doesn't have onboard video.

there is this Matrox thing that splits one connection into 3, its very useful and very cool but it costs a lot of money.. and.. if it costs that much I'd rather get a second video card and use 4 displays lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back