How To Show Deskbands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schweinsteiger

well when i right click on the taskbar then toolbars there is only DESKTOP and quick launch there is no WMP , language bar or links to check

and there is something else ... when i log in as a administrator i can see them all and when i press right click on the task bar then toolbar i can see desktop , quick launch , WMP & links !

so i don't know why its available in administrator but its not in my user although my user is an administrator user !

anyone know how to solve this please notice than i'm running Windows Xp pro Service Pack 3

please I've searched to fix this probleb for weeks and still no resault .. I really nead this .

Start->Run-> regsvr32.exe "%programfiles%\windows media player\wmpband.dll"

Start->Run-> regsvr32.exe %windir%\system32\wmp.dll

Then restart your system, and the deskband player should now work. :)

i've done these before and i did them again and still nothing happened !!

my pc used to have only one user the original administrator , but then i created a new administrator account and the toolbars disappeared .. i created a third account to check and it didnt had the toolbars either !!
i only get deskbar and quick launch ...

the thing that really confuse me is when i log on the original administrator all the toolbars are available !

3rd try !

Working on the faulty User account

Run Regedit
Go to
[HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
Right click on Explorer key and select Export

(I usually select Desktop as the place to export or save these registry entries)

Give it a name like Backup.reg
Zip it up, and attach it here

Or just compare it to exporting from the account that actually works
Pretty sure it's in there ;)

If you do this comparing yourself, then let me know which entry was different

Try removing (right click->remove\delete) these 3 only

"LockTaskbar"=dword:00000000
"NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000000
"NoCloseDragDropBands"=dword:00000000

Restart
Test
Reply back (here no where else ;) ) ie two bad posts of yours removed from other threads

^^^^

yeah sorry about that , i neaded to get 5 post so that i can put down the link !!

i'll try do delete them and test again ..

i cant run this command because it tells me to insert the windows xp service pack 3 cd !!

I'm starting to think that this will never work ..

seems to me the only way is to format and install xp again !!

i hope you're not out of ideas :/

i dont think the problem is in the registry files because it worked fine with original admin accout !

Well not sure what's wrong with using your original XP CD when requested
But you could just go into the account that works, then create a new Administrator account (with a new name and all) Then just use the new account as your normal account.

Pretty sure I've covered everything, except for Repair or re-install Windows

the reason i cant insert my xp cd is that my laptop doesnt have cd room

and i did created a new administrator account and it didnt worked either ...

i really appreciate your effort

i think i have to reinstall

I haven't looked at the reg, but good idea, merge the working Administrator account reg file on the faulty administrator account. There's nothing in there that will affect the faulty administrator account adversely

Let me know the outcome ;)

By the way, if you feel you must reply to yourself -> don't.
Use EDIT located on the bottom right hand corner of your last reply and add to that reply, if your post is still the last reply in the thread (presently not)

I'm the only one subscribed to this thread supporting you.
I don't want 3 emails from you every time you post :suspiciou It looks as though you are just trying to increase post count, and can have counter productive effects on your membership, so stop it ;) I have merged 9 posts of yours in this thread - way too many. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back