TechSpot

how to split rar file in two part?

By ashwa
Jul 21, 2007
  1. hi,

i would like to know how can i make a rar file into two successive parts?

i mean, i dont want the 1st rar file to open without the 2nd rar file available.

know what i am saying?

like i make a rar file of 1gb movie, but i want it in two parts. n unless n unless i have the 2nd part, the 1st part of the rar file will not continue to extract the movie.

got it?

pls provide me with the solution.

thanks.

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

I'm assuming you have WinRAR? In that case, just right-click the file you want to compress, click 'Add to archive' and in the window that opens, there should be a pull-down menu in the bottom left corner saying 'Split to volumes, bytes'. Enter the number in bytes that you want each volume to be or select one of the options from the drop-down menu itself. Then just click OK and WinRAR will start creating the archive.

bangs777 likes this.
  3. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

thanks. worked!

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I think 7Z will do this. check it out.
    it's free

6. STU

STU TS Rookie

is there an easy way to rejoin spit rar files [EG ONES DOWN LOADED FROM FILE SHARE SITES} ?

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,635   +321

Yes you just unrar them, you'll need all of them though, you can't extract if you don't have the complete set.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.