WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR gives you all future UPDATES for FREE!
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
- Nadav Grossman from Check Point Software Technologies informed us about a security vulnerability in UNACEV2.DLL library. Aforementioned vulnerability makes possible to create files in arbitrary folders inside or outside of destination folder when unpacking ACE archives, but now has been fixed. We are thankful to Check Point Software Technologies for reporting this issue.
- "Delete archive" extraction option deletes all volumes even if user started extraction from non-first RAR volume, but first volume is present and all files are unpacked successfully. In such case previous versions ignored "Delete archive" even if WinRAR was able to locate the first volume and process the volume set from beginning.
- Compression ratio bar is not displayed on "Archive" page of Explorer file properties for archives with encrypted file names. WinRAR cannot reliably calculate it for such archives without a password and previously it just displayed 0% here.
- WinRAR displayed "The specified password is incorrect" message infinitely when attempting to open RAR5 archive with encrypted file names if wrong global password was set with Ctrl+P
- Memory management bug in the password dialog could lead to access to already freed memory followed by crash. This issue may be also associated with security risks
- Fixed crashes in corrupt RAR, ACE and LZH archives. This issue may be also associated with security risks
- While starting, WinRAR could cause a brief flickering in menu bars of few other applications
- WinRAR "Find" command matched "String to find" against all archived files ignoring "File names to find" mask when searching in CAB archives
- SFX module "License" command did not set a title of license window
- If "Start-up folder" in WinRAR settings included the trailing backslash, WinRAR ignored first "Up one level" command.
Apps similar to WinRAR 5
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try
Zipeg is free WinZip/WinRar alternative for Windows. Extracts from RAR, ZIP and many other file formats.