How to stop the Techspot Email notice?

LeapingThongs

How to stop the Techspot Email notice? whenever people reply to a thread or pms techspot email me.

I try going to edit option and and set do not "subscribe" and "uncheck email noticifcation private message"

and I still get emails. How do I stop it?

Jase is wrong, if you don't want to receive email notification about posts you should go to User Profile > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Set to "Do not subscribe".

You can also check and delete your previously subscribed threads at this location: https://www.techspot.com/vb/subscription.php

The first setting prevents future subscriptions while the second is for already subscribed threads.

huh? I dont understand.....really dont understand at all! but ok... I will just do as you say and see if i get emails again.

thanks in advance and thanks right now

Julio said:
Jase is wrong, if you don't want to receive email notification about posts you should go to User Profile > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Set to "Do not subscribe".

You can also check and delete your previously subscribed threads at this location: https://www.techspot.com/vb/subscription.php

huh??? im getting dizzy..... ok i do like u say too.

wait a min... I did that before... its been "do not subscribe" but i still get email

Click on user profile at the top of any page.

Click edit options and scroll down to Receive Email. make sure the receive Email from Administrators is ticked.

Untick Receive Emails from other members.

Under the Default Thread Subsciption mode, set it to "Do not Subscribe" from the drop down list.

Under private messaging, Tick Enable Private messaging.

Untick Receive Email notification of new private messages.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: sorry Julio, our posts obviously crossed.

Are you even going by what Julio said. He made the site, so i think he knows what he's doing lol.

Regards Jase :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Click on user profile at the top of any page.

Click edit options and scroll down to Receive Email. make sure the receive Email from Administrators is ticked.

Untick Receive Emails from other members.

Under the Default Thread Subsciption mode, set it to "Do not Subscribe" from the drop down list.

Under private messaging, Tick Enable Private messaging.

Untick Receive Email notification of new private messages.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: sorry Julio, our posts obviously crossed.

wow yours is still "tick the receive email from adminstaration" hmm I still find that weird since since it says

"If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option."

but anyway I will do like you say... since you are the ts special force and see if I stillg et emails.

thanks in advance... thanks now... and thanks eveyrone who try to help.

Julio said:

The first setting prevents future subscriptions while the second is for already subscribed threads.

I click the link... is that mean whenever people reply to one of those thread I get email? do I have to delete it to not get email when people reply to one of those threads? heyy it looks right. I will delete those too. and see what if i still get email.

thanks in advance... thanks now... and thanks eveyrone who try to help.

LeapingThongs said:
that mean whenever people reply to one of those thread I get email? do I have to delete it to not get email when people reply to one of those threads?
That is correct.

you can also turn off people emailing you. I get bugged all the time from people asking for help off the site. I don't have the time nor the desire to give unpaid help off site.

Back