How to transfer data from two RAID0 Sata drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell laptop which broke. Dell can't repair, but the hard drives are fine. They are setup in a RAID 0 configuration and both are 125Gb,

I have them out and know which one is #1 and #2. How can I get the data off of them? Please be technical, I'm pretty computer savvy.

difficult issue, as it's most likely that you used the software raid controller on the M/B,
which may not be "so portable".

you might inquire of a Data Recovery service if they have that capability.

did you have a backup? the restore should not be dependent upon RAID at all and thus
could be restored to any external USB hd without risking the system to which it would be attached.

If the raid controller is software based as jobeard mentions can you not get the same software to tun on another PC? If it is hardware based (I've never seen one on a laptop) and since Raid 0 is striped (not mirrored) you would need both drives as part of an array to access the data. If the data is really important and you are willing to spend the money you can get another laptop like the one that broke on you.. Try ebay or google it you may be able to find one at a reasonable price. If the raid implementation is a standard one you may be able to connect them to a Raid 0 enabled desktop. This of course is a big maybe as different raid controllers may not be compatible with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back