TechSpot

How to update ATI video driver and Catalyst

1. I was trying to update the driver for my AMD M880G ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 video card. I downloaded what must be the package that includes the video driver from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

I assume I should be able to point Window's Update Driver at this package and it find the driver, right? But in trying to find some kind of instructions on AMD's miserable website, I found instructions saying that the 'Catalyst' software and driver should both be from the same package.

So--does anyone know how to manage this? How do you update Catalyst and the video driver?

I have Catalyst Control Center installed. There's no update feature in there. I feel like I'm missing something very important yet far to basic for support.amd.com to bother informing anyone of.

Thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.