how to write 90 min CDrs

By chocobogo_rct
Oct 17, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am bought a pack of 90 min CDrs, I use Nero to do music CDS, when I try to write 90 mins worth of music to the 90min CDrs it says not enough storage on the CD!!! Why is this??

Do I need a special program to write 90min CDS???
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

You don't need a special program to write 90min cd's, but you might need a special burner... Not all cd writers supports 90min... Check with your manufacturer to see if it's supported or not...

As for Nero...

Under options you'll find a tab called "Expert Features"... Under it, you'll find an overburn option...

Enable overburn, and set it to 90 00 00... That will tell Nero to write data to all 90 minutes of the disc...

Notice though that you might have to enable "Disk-at-once" to utilize it...

Hope this helps :)
  3. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 417

Also try flashing your CD-Burner...

A lot of manafacturers have updated their firmware to let existing CD Burners use these 90min CD's..

Just make sure you pick the right one, else you might make your CD Burner in-operable....
  4. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

You probably just need a firmware upgrade unless the drive is more than a couple of years old. Then you might need a new drive
  5. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

I have exactly the same problem, i am unable to burn 99minute CDs with either Nero or WinXPs built in support. I have a Plextor 12x10x32 flashed with the latest firmware. Both Nero and WinXP recognise the Discs as having 702Mb capacity when they should have 900Mb.
  6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

You have enabled overburn in Nero, and use the "disk-at-once" feature?

Which ver. of Nero are you using?

I couldn't find any info about this problem over at nero.com...

Of which make are the cdr's?
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

8. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Thanks, I remember reading that somewhere before but forgot about it.
  9. zillah

zillah Newcomer, in training Posts: 87

If the size of the file that i want to burn is 720 MB, under option-->Expert Features, what should I enable ?

A- Relative maximum overburning size

B- Absolute maximum overburning size

Note: I have got Nero V7
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.