How would my current computer deal with the nvidia gtx 1070?

Hi,

I currently have a gtx 660 and I am wanting to upgrade this and have been looking at the new gtx 1070 which has recently been released. A few questions I'd like answering; will my computer specs be able to work alongside this graphics card, I want to play the latest games on high performance such as Doom, Far Cry primal and so on... My computer is an Alienware R4 so are these easily upgraded? Which graphics card would you recommend? My tech know how is not great so this question may seen silly, but thanks.

My current specs:
Operating system: Windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60Ghz
Ram: 8GB
System Type: 64 Bit
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4GB

Absolutely critical that you assess change in power requirements and capabilities of your Power Supply Unit first. MSI and NewEgg both have power supply calculator utilities.

Proposed card has requirements not just for power but also for connectors and airflow.

Also, be careful to assess what will work when you move to Windows 10.

Study both the old and the new proposed cards and identify all differences in power, connector, dimensions, air flow, etc.

As far as playing specific games at 'high', I would go to Steam and review the listed Recommended Requirements for each game.

Back