How's this for starters?

GNS1310

Probably should just add this to my other topic...here's what I did on my own..like I said before, I'm new at building and could use some help. I know I got some in the other post but kind of wanted to take the first step on my own, as a learning process. Whats the good and the bad?
I took the basic 450 PSU because I'll be using my 750.
I'll be adding a Blueray down the road sometime.
Got a sound card here.
Added speakers for the system I'm using now.
Using a wireless G router, decided to upgrade to the N.

Case Thermaltake Element G Gaming Case-Black
Processor Intel® Core™ i7 950 Processor (4x 3.06GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard [SLI] Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
Memory 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600-** FREE Upgrade from DDR3-1333 ** Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5450 - 1GB
Case Lighting None
Power Supply 450 Watt -- Standard
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366]-[Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Data Hard Drive None
2nd Optical Drive None
Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Speaker System iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Wireless Network Adapter LINKSYS WUSB600N 802.11n Dual-Band Wireless USB Adapter
Monitor None
Keyboard iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard-Black
Mouse iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse-Black
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Warranty Standard Warranty Service-Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support
Rush Service Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
Video Camera None
Power Protection None
Headset None
Meter Display None
Flash Media Reader/Writer None
Wireless Network Access Point/Router NETGEAR WNR2000-100NAS 802.11n Wireless Router
2nd Monitor None
Free Stuff [Free Game Download] - Blacklight: Tango Down-Free with Purchase of ATI Radeon HD Video Card
Free Stuff [Free Game Download] - StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Free Trial-Free with Purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or higher Video Card
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth Module
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive None
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface [Free] Internal USB 3.0 PCI-E x1 Expansion Card
Subtotal $1,245.00

Wouldn't mind lowering the price if possible.

EDIT: ...and one more thing. Thank you!

Oh I see, yes the i7 EATS power. /sarcasm. Don't get pulled in by silly taglines like "Compatible with Core i7" or similar BS.

Whats your budget? Probably $1200 right?
Try SLI GTX460's, an i5, and a P55.
Fantastic powersupply though.

I'd throw in a build but i'm tired and it's nearly 1 o'clock.

EDIT: IMO I like cyberpowerpc better, but they're nearly identical.

If you are going to use this rig for gaming only then invest in a high-mid to high end graphic card, otherwise it will be total wastage of money.

Having said that, for first scenario a single GTX460 or SLI would be a great solution, and for second one an ATI Radeon 5670 or 5750 would suffice for your needs.

Computer use:

Light to moderate gaming. Warcraft, Age of Empires, my girlfriend plays the Sims and I have a ton of expansion packs taking up room on the computer.
Poker (along with a handful of poker related programs running at the same time, maybe a movie or music going as well as IM programs, internet, etc.)
Movies
Music
Internet
Dual monitors. One is older/smaller. 17" running 800x600. The other is a 24.5" running 1280x720. Will be upgrading the smaller monitor soon and someday possibly adding a third.
Business

Its overkill for the processor, but I want it that way. I wont have to upgrade for a long long time. I want a future-ready mobo, so I wont have to upgrade that either. Cards and drives I can pop in and out quickly and easily so I was thinking of going a bit cheaper in that area for now, and upgrading when the time is right.
Need wifi and bluetooth as well.

Its overkill for the processor, but I want it that way.
Apple mac's are terrible but I love them anyway.
Good logic.

IMO an i3-5xx along with a single GTX460 would cost about half the price, and would be plenty enough.
Except I don't think the GTX460 supports three monitors.

PS: Intel has no future proof motherboards, in a few months, it'll all be old stuff already with socket 1155 out.
Also, and AMD triple or quad core with an AM3 motherboard would be most "future proof" (silly term, really).

EDIT: Also with 1TB sized drives, it would be nice to have 32MB of cache. I'm betting the harddrive is going to be rather shady since I don't believe notable manufactures would cripple they're drives with a 16MB cache.

Light to moderate gaming. Warcraft, Age of Empires, my girlfriend plays the Sims and I have a ton of expansion packs taking up room on the computer.
Poker (along with a handful of poker related programs running at the same time, maybe a movie or music going as well as IM programs, internet, etc.)
Movies
Music
Internet
Dual monitors. One is older/smaller. 17" running 800x600. The other is a 24.5" running 1280x720. Will be upgrading the smaller monitor soon and someday possibly adding a third.
Business

For light to moderate gaming GTX 460 is definitely an overkill. I would suggest you to consider buying ATI Radeon 5750 as it will serve you well for all your tasks. Perhaps you can spend the amount you save by buying 5750 in buying an SSD? :)

Back