TechSpot

HP 320GB external HDD showing in Windows 7 only?

By kjames1973
Jul 13, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,
    This is my first post to this site.
    So bare with me please.
    I recently bought a hp simpleslave 320gb external hard drive.
    I have tested this on my notebook which is HP with windows vista and it sees it fine. I originally had windows xp on this desktop I am typing to you from. Then plugged in the HP EHD and it worked fine. I then upgraded to windows 7 n. Now when I plug in the HP EHD It doesn't show up in "my computer" with rest of the drives are. I only see my other drives. I checked device manager. It doesn't show. I tried to view show hidden components. Still doesn't appear. I have a HP pavilion a330n desktop machine. I have upgraded a few parts since original box. I have a AMD Anthlon XP 3000+ 2.16ghz, 2.00gb ram, ST3160815A ATA Device for Internal Hard Drive. It's a Segate Pata/100 Barracuda 3.5 IHH. 160gb, 7200rpm. NVIDA Graphics 7300gt 512mb ddr2 card. My windows updates are up to date. All drivers are updated. So, I am not sure why this particular OS windows 7 will not show the drive. I took it up to a store that had windows 7 on it. That machine recognized it fine. It's just this particular Windows 7 on my own desktop that will not show it. Can any one help me out with this issue? How do I make the HP Ext HD Simpleslave show up again?
    Thanks, Karl

2. kjames1973

kjames1973 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Why No Repsonse?

Hello,
    I see there are a lot of views of my post.
    However no one is posting a reply to my External Hard Drive issues I am having with my desktop computers running windows 7 n. Why not? Did I do something wrong. Please let me know and I will correct it, if it is needed. This issue of my drive is very frustrating and would appreciate the help.
    Thanks, Karl

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.