TechSpot

HP 625 laptop won't POST

By ljoe1969
Dec 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. my wife spilled diet mountain dew onto the left side of the keyboard the other night and now when i turn on my laptop it turns itself on and off.

does the power self test.

mother board part number is 611813-001 i think.

i took the cmos battery out and waited 10 mins and put it back. it did not fix the on off problem.

can someone tell me how to better reset the bios?

thanks,

ljoe

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

First the mountain dew might have shorted out something on the motherboard. Before worrying about a bios reset, the sticky stuff has to be cleaned off, but it may be too late now. Just for future knowledge, if a liquid is spilled on a laptop, immediately turn it upside down and let the liquid drain out and not settle inside the laptop

3. ljoe1969

ljoe1969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

the laptop is in the shop as of today. they told me it will be next friday before they would call me with a diagnosis.

this taught me the value of the extended warranty.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

Keep your fingers crossed, the extended warranty may be void because of the spill...

5. ljoe1969

ljoe1969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

keeping my fingers crossed.

if it still works. i plan on getting the accident insurance from hp.

ljoe.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.