HP Compaq NC 6000 laptop will not boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden

Hi dose any have any suggestion or ideas? I have my laptop for 2 years, in was left on for 5 hours without me using I left it on the internet, when I got around to using it if freezed on me, so I had to swich it off from the button as I was unable to shut it down! I turn it back on the power light come on I can hear the fan for a short while then it switch it self off, dose any one know what could be wrong with it?

regards
Golden

Remove the battery and the AC adapter, then hold down the power button on the laptop for 30 seconds. Reattach the AC adapter and try booting the laptop

Hi Tmagic650,

thanks for your advice I will try it on Tuesday when I get home! I thought it was the Processor can you tell me the reason for this? also what do you feel is the problem? as am here to learn, I let you know on Tuesday how i got on.
Once again thanks.

How do you self test the cpu

Hi kimsland,

thanks for that I do the test and let you know how I get on. How do you self test the cpu? as my laptop can get exremely hot, the fan are working.

kind regards
Golden

Hi Kimsland,
I did the test and am still not getting laptop to work, the fan come on when I switch it on and the power light is on then within 5 sec the laptop switches it self off, any more test I need to do?

kind regards
Golden

If you have carried out the steps stated in the guide
Then it may be a faulty fan or connection to fan
You may need to dismantle it and check for loose connections

You can also freely contact HP h e r e, and ask if there are any known problems, or fixes

It can be even dust built up causing excessive heat (even dust in the fan)
Although I mentioned that in the guide already :rolleyes:

What did HP have to say?

Tmagic I dont think it a faity MB I try what you said kimsland clean the fan as it is rater dusty! I just remember I have not try the test Cmos battry out for a a few minutes I keep you all informed!

thanks

Kimsland, I have not contacted them as yet till i do all the test 1st, thanks ever so mush for all your help am very grateful, as am training to be become a Computer Tec so all this advice is extremely helpful

Hi Kimslands,

I carried out all the test as required! the fan had load of dust, I cleaned it out, now the fan working like a dream also wiped the pase of the the processor and applied fresh, put the laptop together, powered it up it booted up to window then freeze up, I unplugged every thing, I tried to boot it up but am notice the power light as no problem coming on, but the outher light seem to come on randomly, once the other lights are on it will boot, am not sure if there enogh power going into the laptop causing this problem, it a 18.5 volt I always used a universal adapter I noticed it was on 19volt I made sure now it on 18.5 volts,

is there any more advice you can give me as it my main laptop?:) thanks for all your help

kind regards

golden

A few minutes a go I switch it back on and it go stright into windows working perfectly! i leave it on for a while and see what happens!

I just to see how it was as freezed in windows! I left it for a while am getting the same problems as i was in the begining the power light the fan come on then after a few seconds it switches off! Help!!

Hi guy thanks for all your help update in the end !I need to charge the MB you were right Tmagic650's

Big Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back