TechSpot

HP - Compaq Pavilion dv6700t Series Laptop/Notebook what i need for better gaming?

By magiczebra
Dec 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Okay so I'm not technologically savvy but I'm guessing to make most of the games that I download to actually run, I need a better graphics card?

Whenever I play games with decent to good graphics, my system just won't function right. They lag until my computer freezes and stuff. So I just wanna know what I can do to actually play games.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
    Rating: 3.5
    Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz
    Memory RAM: 2.00 GB
    System Type: 32-bit operating system
    Windows Vista Home Premium

I'm not sure what other info I would need to show you guys
    I'm willing to spend around 150 or less dollars on stuff I would need to make this computer run better for games

oh my power supply:
    Its a replacement AC adapter
    Input: AC100-240V 1.2A 50/60Hz
    Output: 18.5V 3.5A

Thanks in advance :)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,994   +168

Up the system memory to 4GB and upgrade Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,377   +127

Not much more you can do, since laptops in general intrinsically fail at gaming.

4. magiczebra

magiczebra TS Rookie Topic Starter

Cool so how do I get the 4gb thing, is that a video card? How do I know which ones work for my computer, how much do they cost, where can I get them?

and if I go from Vista to Windows 7, does that delete everything on my computer? Do I need to put all my music on an external hard drive?

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,994   +168

You will need two laptop memory modules, 2GB DDR2 667 SODIMM memory modules for around $80 for both. Windows 7 pro 64-bit is around $150, Yes it's better to install Windows 7 fresh. Back up your music

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.