HP Compaq Presario F700 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bumped my laptop this morning on the mouse pad (the thing you run your finger on to move the mouse curser) pretty hard and my laptop shutdown, as I went to power it back on it wouldn't turn on. I can click the power button all I like nothing will start up. I took off the caseing above the RAM and hard-drive and made sure they didn't shimmy loose, after I made sure neither was loose I put the covers back on and I'm still having the same problem.
I have been having hard-drive problems latley and have to replace the hard-drive but thats beside the point.(Laptop only works in safe mode with networking). I have someone who wants to buy it with the current hard-drive problem due to the great price I offered. But I am ensured that theire not going to buy it if the damn thing wont power on.
The power cord and battery work just fine. (Was working good last night) Could somthing be loose? I have read tons of articles on this matter and nothing I saw applies to me. Would this have somthing to do with the CPU and Motherboard parts getting loose enough so it cannot recive power? Or is this one of them problems when I have to either take the whole damn thing apart and sauder stuff or what? Any imput will be greatly apreciated.

You need to disassemble the case to get to the MousePad unit... remove, adjust, and replace it, then remove or disable the current touchpad drivers, and reinstall them from a Presariou download...
It there is any permanent damage, you will see it, but usually it is an adjustment of components.

You need to disassemble the case to get to the MousePad unit... remove, adjust, and replace it, then remove or disable the current touchpad drivers, and reinstall them from a Presariou download...
It there is any permanent damage, you will see it, but usually it is an adjustment of components.

So if i do this my laptop will turn on? I didnt know that a power failure can be caused by the touchpad.

Ima try this soon as i find my tools.

Other insight is very welcome

There is no way to know in advance. But most technicians have had success... it is not an uncommon problem... at the very minimum, you will discover the extent of the damage... and whether you need to buy a damaged laptop on eBay... There are plenty that are sold because the password cannot be recovered, or the screen has been broken... or the motherboard flooded by coffee and sugar, or a cocktail, or a beer.

It is simple to replace if damaged, and often just removing the area that is bent in relieves the short circuit and gets you going....

Remove the keyboard from the bottom, then you may need a couple of plastic pry tools so you don't damage the case.
If the computer has some miles on it, you might want to replace the screen inverter at the same time.

There is no way to know in advance. But most technicians have had success... it is not an uncommon problem... at the very minimum, you will discover the extent of the damage... and whether you need to buy a damaged laptop on eBay... There are plenty that are sold because the password cannot be recovered, or the screen has been broken... or the motherboard flooded by coffee and sugar, or a cocktail, or a beer.

It is simple to replace if damaged, and often just removing the area that is bent in relieves the short circuit and gets you going....

Remove the keyboard from the bottom, then you may need a couple of plastic pry tools so you don't damage the case.
If the computer has some miles on it, you might want to replace the screen inverter at the same time.

=) Sounds good to me, I looked up how to properley break down my laptop, guess this will be tomrrows project. I apreciate the insight. Mabey if that isn't the problem then hopefully i can find out wth's wrong with a simple glance xD
And thanks again for the help. I'll post tommrow on how its looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back