HP dc7600 & NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I got a problem with my new pc i installed the card and the drivers and when i reboot the card fails to initialize.

The error given is:
Code:
921 - pciexpress slot failed to initialize
i could only see the error when i plugged the monitor cable into normal vga port not the 440's one.

Any ideas?

This is the model dc7600 i have
Code:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/sm/WF06b/35123-968421-968421-968421-12221722-12221982-74840583.html

also i have added a 1GB + 512MB Ram to the pc so now it has 2GB Ram and Dual-Core 820 2.8Ghz processor

did you remember to change your bios settings before you installed the enw card? some HP systems make it impossible to disable the onboard graphics, meaning you have to do it from windows.

yea i have disabled the onboard graphics but i have now paired the two 512mb's and it seemed to fix it.its a random glitch that happens about 60% percent of the time. i will wait for the oher 1gb ram stick to come in so i can pair that with the 1gb stick i currently have in static bag

still have the problem.How do i disable the onboard gfx in bios for HP pc's?

I have disabled in windows using the hardware manager but not disabled in bios.

more often then not, oem computers such as yours make it impossible to disable the onboard video card from the bios. if you do indeed have the option, it would probably be listed under chipset features or advanced options or something liek that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back