HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread

By Julio Franco
Aug 1, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobile Password Help

The following support information and downloads, are provided to help members freely remove their laptop password.
    If all options have been tried and you still require help removing your password, search Google for 3rd party alternatives.
    TechSpot forums and all support is provided freely at all times, it is against our guidelines to link to external paid services.
    You are advised to try any or all options, with your first point of contact and best option being the laptop manufacturer.

Kudos to kimsland for putting together this summary of info related to password removal. This comes from wealth of data collected from previous threads and thousands of posts related to this problem.

We no longer support any further discussion on this topic as we believe all the free help that could be given is already out there. You can always go back to your system manufacturer for support, as well as google for the dozens of third party paid support providers that are available online.

So please use this guide for help but do not post any further threads on the matter, they will be deleted.

[​IMG] Click > Dell Support and System Information for a particular Service Tag

[​IMG] >Click > HP Live Chat, Drivers, Warranty and Support Information thread

[​IMG] >Click > Toshiba BIOS Setup / BIOS settings -- access instructions

Password types:

• Power On Password (pop). this password can be reset by unplugging the cmos battery for a while, and plugging it back in.

• Supervisor/bios Password (svp). this requires reading the eeprom chip (8 leg or 14 leg) with an electronic device by using another pc's serial port or by paperclip method if model type available.

• Hard Drive Password (hdp). this is usually tied to svp, but not all the time. it requires special software and a library of known manufacturer's password. but can be cracked either recovering the data or wiping the data.

Transfer of Product Ownership

Old closed threads, with lots of info:

Downloads

Attachments
    • HP OldPass.zip includes:

• [*] unlock6.exe (made in 1997)

[*] BIOS_PW.EXE (made in 2003)

[*] HDD_PW.EXE (made in 2003)

• HP Oldpass2.zip:
      • As above, made as a copy, using another Zip program

• Dell Latitude.zip:
      • D35B password generator (old generator)

• Dell MasterPW.zip:
      • D35B password generator (old generator)

We no longer support any further discussion on this topic as we believe all the free help that could be given is already out there. You can always go back to your system manufacturer for support, as well as google for the dozens of third party paid support providers that are available online.

So please use this guide for help but do not post any further threads on the matter, they will be deleted.

Attached Files:

2. grc1

grc1 Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

Dell bios adress

I havea dell x200 and it is locked with an admin password. I have down loaded the bios but I have no idea of the adress in which the password is kept. Does anyone know it. Aso I have been informed that the cmos chip is a u525.And I can not find it. Where would this chip be located?
    Last and not least , can this cmos chip be inline programable just like an ibm.(I don't remove the cmos in a ibm to reprogram it to remove crc errors) Any help would be great

Thank you
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

4. kimsland

Dell Info:

Dell Registration
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...tag_transfer?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1
    After registering with Dell (for approx $49) You can then get any Password removed.
    (works on all Dell models)

dst-cd.iso
    http://www.savefile.com/files/2063585
    creates a bootable CD, which will allow you to change or remove the service tag. With this, the BIOS Primary password is gone
    (Does not work on all Dell models)

PaperClip Method:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/post645683-936.html
    (Does not work on all Dell models)

Here is some info from the HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread
  5. uzi55

uzi55 Newcomer, in training

anyone can help me with the hdd password the #XJ20P473023-595B
  6. kimsland

I would highly recommend that All users refer to this Previous Thread
    It is extremely informative, and will answer many questions, you may have.
  7. bonehead1

bonehead1 Newcomer, in training

An update on my issue. Removed keyboard pulled the cmos batt. change boot to cd rom us the dstcd cleared the service tag and that deleted the password in the setup menu. Thanks for no help.
  8. kimsland

Actually you have received a lot of help

And specifically, the dst boot proceedure (you know a couple of posts up, posted by me) !

Very strange that you would say this, when I specifically stated how to remove Dell passwords. And you followed that proceedure exactly :confused:

Members like you (ungrateful) are very difficult to please
  9. I have a problem with Omnibook Xe3 about Bios Password and the Hash Code is 03530

Thank you in advance
  10. grc1

Thank you for your responce, however I have read all the posts on this board and still cannot find the location of the eeprom chip on a dell x200 motherboard.I have also checked vertualy every site and still no indcation of were the chip is. I have also come across a lot of sites that will sell the info for $20
    I could sure use some help.
  11. kimsland

Hi grc1

I'm on it (still searching, but not exactly positive...yet)

My understanding is it is under the PCMCIA cage or black plastic tape
    So you might want to check.

Also the $20 option you found is for info ony (ie a PDF that I already have)
    No mention of X200 or X300 in there

Please let me know about under the tape

12. grc1

Still looking

I now have the x200 completly striped and I still can't find the proper eeprom chip I have found a 93c86 chip but I don"t believe thats it. Also I found a referance on the pcb board of a u252 placment and a chip labled A20RC But I don't believe thats it either. I have kinda run out of places to look. Right now I have turned this in to a family " where is Waldo" Any ideas?
  13. kimsland

Datasheets, they're across the net freely distributable

ie:
    http://www.futurlec.com/Memory/93C86.shtml

I think <member now removed-from TechSpot> is accidently telling us, that the chip is 93C86

But he did help me locate:
    Universal Programmer Analyser-UPA 2.3 Lite
    http://www.elrasoft.eu/upa2lite.zip

I just need to learn how to use it properly
    It also has pics, and help info as well (once extracted and downloaded)
    I wouldn't use it yet though (ie unsure of the remifications)
  14. grc1

chip 93c86

Hi
    I believe that I may have to take a much closer look at this chip and alot more homework . The circut just doesn't look right for a standard cmos-security chip. However I do all my work on IBMs and I could be way off the mark with this one. So I will keep on looking and keep on tryng to figure out this one.
    Any and all help is apresiated. Please desregard my spelling errors,I'm using an old laptop with a bad keyboard.
    Thanks
  15. hpgl

hpgl Newcomer, in training Posts: 111

grc1,
    after 3 unsuccessful tries to enter password, X200 should give you error code 5 digit.
  16. grc1

After 3 unsuccessful tries

Hi , After three tries I get an error message.
    system disabled 12261
    Thank you
  17. hpgl

hpgl Newcomer, in training Posts: 111

password is 1221576

18. grc1

Password

That is really cool. The password works.

Thank you

19. mscrx

mscrx Newcomer, in training Posts: 829

sorry, but I told you exactly what you need to do with the dst cd and that it would not change anything if you remove the batt.
    so you should not say "thanks for no help". thats just not fair.
  20. conradodav

conradodav Banned Posts: 16

595B password generator

Im looking for 595B DELL PASSWORD GENERATOR, any ideas?
  21. conradodav

conradodav Banned Posts: 16

Hello, I work as a certified technician in Toshiba and i can unlock ANY MODEL of toshiba. If anyone have questions feel free to write me to email removed
    Satellite TECRA, QOSMIO, SATELLITE, SATELLITE PRO, PORTEGE BIOS PASSWORD UNLOCKER
  22. mscrx

alot of guys here do look for it as well. no chance - a few guys have it but they wont share and just sell passwords...
  23. mscrx

thanks for the offer. I am sure there will be alot of request.
    can you tell us if this offer is going to be a free service or will you join the row of the password sales men?
    btw, do not post email addresses in this forums unless you like spam. not sure but I think this is also against the forum rules.

cheers
  24. Mal_ion

Mal_ion Newcomer, in training

Dell Latitude D620 Bios Password

Looking to get the Master Password for my Dell Latitude D620 I have the computer torn apart next to me and can't find the eeprom chip so I am assuming there is not one.

So on the short hand if I could get someones help (Rustam_) or of course anyone elses that would be wonderful! Please just email me atemail removedif you can provide the Master Password or post here if you have more info.

Thank you!

Service Tag: 1R4PFD1-595B
    Express Service Code: 3817273861

I am a college student who bought the laptop off of ebay to have a computer for school work and i cant get it to boot up so its useless and an expensive paper weight please help me out.
  25. mscrx

funny, you were clever enough to find the name of rustam in this forum but you over read that there is no such chip inside a d620 and took it apart - lol sorry
    continue reading through the forum, especially the previous password thread. you will find plenty of options to get rid of your password but there will be no free option.
    you should start from the beginning and contact the seller in ebay. he sold you something that is not usable in its original purpose so he cheated or you did not read carefully enough (again). well read read read... and do not post email addresses here! thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.