TechSpot

HP Deskjet 656c help

By second_wind
May 28, 2008
  1. ok so just today I plugged in my hp deskjet 656c printer into my vista laptop. I looked for drivers online and they said that there's no need for a driver as vista will provide it for me.

I plugged it in then the usual found new hardware stuff comes out. I have the printer's cd driver here but I'm not sure if it's compatible with vista (it doesn't say so in the cd as it's old).. I allowed vista to deal with it first coz the hp page said that vista will provide the driver for me...Well, it didn't so I put in the cd driver then allowed vista to install the driver from there. It installed ok.

Now, when I try to print stuff, the printer systray icon comes out and I notice it say something like: "printing.." then later "deleting.." It just won't print the pdf im trying to print.

I checked to see if I can reinstall the driver but when I go to appwiz.cpl, it is not listed there. I'm stumped. Would appreciate anyone's assistance on this. thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.