Hp drivelock issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion xt236. I bought a hard drive from a friend and put it in my laptop. I did not have DriveLock enabled. Nor did I have any BIOS password(s) set up. So, I installed a fresh copy of XP Pro on the new drive. It boot strait into Windows perfectly...installed drivers, the whole nine. The problem is when I flashed the BIOS (Phoenix) with the correct updated *.ROM for the xt236 and rebooted, the new drive had DriveLock enabled by default.

With that said, how would I have even know what the HDD DriveLock password would/could be?!!?!? Crazy huh?!?!

Is there a hash code that is viewable via a function key (F10 or something) when I am prompted to enter the drive lock password?!?!?

I do have the hdd_pw.exe application but without a hdd hash code, it is useless.

Any help would be great!

Jason

Hey, I'm not familiar with DriveLock but I am familiar with a lot of other password protected devices and programs. Often, their is a default password that is to be changed by the user after installation. I was presuming that if this "DriveLock" is installed, the default password would be known. Perhaps I'm incorrect in this case.

Doesn't hurt to check with HP.

-- Andy

Andy...

Sorry, HP online has nothing helpful other than how to use DriveLock, and HP 1-800 Support can't help either.

Need better options for the current hard drive.

Jason

Unfortunately, as a matter of Policy, TechSpot does not allow its website nor its forums to be used for the purpose of dealing with password problems, and how to fix them. You will have to find another way to deal with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back