HP dv2600 vid problems resulting in system crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to fix this problem for some time now. The problem appears to stem from video-related issues... One day, I started up my laptop - the windows startup screen, on my monitor it was showing 6 (or was it 8) windows startup screens, then it went to the login screen which was also showing muliple screens. Windows did prompt that the NVIDEA driver nvdnkkka something or other(not sure about this one) had stopped and had recovered. The next time I started up my laptop the same problem occurred. This problem seems to result in some type of system crash as well...Anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm all out of steam on this one. I have already downloaded the driver update for this video adapter, but still to no avail. -Mike

This should have been posted in the Mobile Computing forum. A laptop is a mobile computer... You don't say what version of Windows you are running. If XP, you might try doing an XP repair

By "6 or 8 startup screens" do you mean that they were all showing on the screen at once like tiles?

Yes. they were showing up sorta like tiles. And of course, all doing the same thing...I should also add that, when this happens, the screen usually begins to show steady lines down the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back