HP dv4040us won't start up

By rasaermo
Oct 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. OK... so my husband was working on our HP 2 nights ago and left it as usual (on whatever he was doing online) and we went to bed. The next morning when I came downstairs the blue lights (power, DVD, music and volume) were still on. The computer never went into hibernation mode over night. I tried to "wake it up" and got no response. I held the power button to force it to shut down, waited 20-30 seconds and turned it back on. NOTHING happened! I took it to Best Buy to be "diaganosed" and they are telling me that it needs a new Motherboard. Could it be anything else? Is this something worth fixing for a computer this age (I think it's between 7-8 years old)? PLEASE HELP!!!
  2. Modena

Modena TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 182

Well assuming that best buy is right, then no it's not worth replacing the motherboard on that old system would be expensive to fix/replace.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.