HP DV5 1050ed won't start

Hello people,

Today I found a old laptop of mine in a box, I thought lets connect it to the wall and fire it up. After trying to do this without succes I realized me that was the reason why I putted the laptop in the box. I've been searching over the internet for solutions but none of them works. My problem is:

Whenever I plug in the AC adapter into the DC Powerjack the light beside it goes on and STAYS on. its not blinking at all and no else leds are blinking. I know what all those blinks mean but it doesnt help me at all. When I push on the power button nothing just happens? I remember that the laptop could be really hot at a time, so maybe its an overheating problem? People told me that I have to disassemble the laptop and put the motherboard into a oven, because then somehow it will be reflowed or something.

List of things I tried but not working:
-Battery out, AC out and then hold power button for like 30-60 seconds and then plugin the ac and then try to start.
-resetting bios stuff, with getting the ram memory sticks out n stuff.
-getting the hdd out and stuff like that. All those things like described on the internet not worked at all.

So thats why I came here to get some help from you nice guys =)

Greetings.

Yes, I have some model numbers for you. Do you mean the ones at the bottom of the laptop from HP? or the exact type laptop?
The laptop isn't making any noises at all. The only thing I see what works is the AC adapter led light at the side.

If it's a DV6000 or similar, they are prone to overheat until the solder melts on the graphics chip, if so then I'm afraid it's lights out (except the red one you mentioned...), if not, :confused:?

Well, what I know about the DV series that they all are sensitive for overheating and that the solder will melt on the GPU chip. But what do you mean with ''Lights out (except the red one you mentioned...) There's not red light on the laptop? Only light I see is at the side of the laptop where the AC adapter needs to be plugged in. Further no sign of life?

Seems dead to me. I'd expect a fan to whir up or something, if it's a full-sized laptop.

But, post the model numbers etc (yes, off the bottom of laptop), and maybe someone else has an idea.

Well, what I know about the DV series that they all are sensitive for overheating and that the solder will melt on the GPU chip. But what do you mean with ''Lights out (except the red one you mentioned...) There's not red light on the laptop? Only light I see is at the side of the laptop where the AC adapter needs to be plugged in. Further no sign of life?
Sorry, I'm slightly color-blind. As you're obviously happy, I'll leave you to it....

Back