HP dv6000, operating system not found

My dv 6000 HP windows vista is complining of operating system not found, and sometimes it will boot up to windows after several on and off.

Hi,

Can we have a few more details on this please?

It may simply be that you require a fresh install of your OS this may solve any issues that you have on this.

Does it say NTFS not found or somthing simila? if it does it sounds like that there may be a fault on the boot disk which is normally resolved by a fresh install. however if you have installed a new software recently on the laptop i would recommend un-installing the software just incase this is causing problems.

Hope this helps
James

It may simply be that you require a fresh install of your OS this may solve any issues that you have on this.
A fresh install will format your hard druve and delete everything.

See this for the repair option which SHOULD leave your files intact
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html
HOWEVER I have doubts if that will solve it.
Does it blue screen if so do this and POST the blue scren error STOP message in full
1.Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2.Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.

3.Click on the System link.

4.In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

5.Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

6.In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

7.Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

8.Click OK in the System Properties window.

9.You can now close the System window.

10.From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

Back