HP Envy 14 Notebook Review

Jos

Staff
Earlier this summer HP expanded their popular Envy notebook line with the introduction of the Envy 14 and Envy 17 models. The two new releases build on the success of last year's Envy offerings and bring several new hardware options to the table as well as a lower introductory price point. Today we will look at the smaller 14-inch version.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/319-hp-envy-14/

Was thinking the same thing, Great review and I have been keeping my eye on these since they were first released since these look like great Apple alternatives, as in design and quality of build, plus the specs are better than any Mac in that price range as well, overall I would love one of these...when i'm more rich I guess...

"HP has integrated the mouse click buttons within the touchpad, which is a terrible idea. There is no difference in tactical feel between the touchpad and click buttons, but what really ruined the experience for me was the fact that the mouse pointer sensitivity carries over onto the click buttons."

Isn't this how the new Macbook pros are? Except HP has included a line to indicate where the mouse zone begins, and Windows enables right click by default ;)

Isn't this how the new Macbook pros are? Except HP has included a line to indicate where the mouse zone begins, and Windows enables right click by default ;)

Yep, and I think this is definitely just a personal preference thing. I love how the envy touchpad feels.

Not really, on Macs the whole trackpad is a button that can be pressed, and you don't have a default right-click unless you enable two finger touch + click or use Ctrl + Click.

another great review

i like the overall look and performance
but i still prefer Lenovo ThinkPad series

its good to see more competition in the ''beauty contest'' sector :)

PS: id like to see more prices mentioned, not only on the US market
cos im outside US and here (eastern Europe), the prices are much higher for the all CE
thank you :)

Back