HP Envy 14 Spectre is covered in glass, has NFC chip

By Jos
Jan 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Following up on a mysterious teaser posted last week, HP has officially unveiled the Envy 14 Spectre at the Consumer Electronics Show in Last Vegas. Pitched as a "premium ultrabook",…

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,490   +302

Well, to be honest, I really like the screen :)
    If I had the money, I'd make it duel it out with asus's offerings and which ever one won I'd buy it.
  3. Looks cool, but HP is still HP.
  4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 948   +45

What I was thinking too, but at least SOMEONE put in a 1600x900 display in one of these ultrabooks. I'll wait till the Lenovo T430u to see if they drop the ball on the resolution. if this 13.3" frame can have this kind of display, there's no reason the T430u's 14" frame can't match.
  5. Nice looking laptop with useful specs. BUT (as a consumer) would you really trust HP enough to buy anything from them???? Think WebOS, Touchpad, Pre 3 etc etc.....
  6. Despite the HP stigma, it's nice to see something new with a useful screen resolution.
  7. Now this looks like a nice product.
  8. looks like a macbook pro to me.
  9. indeed, hp envy 14 spectre has managed to impress everyone, but we'll have to see in on work. Still, at first glance, it's a solid and impressive machine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.