HP Envy TouchSmart Ultrabook 4

learninmypc

Loong story short, it was given to me by a friend, I reset it to factory settings & it was doing fine, even updated to 8.1. Then I unintentionally removed a flashdrive improperly & started getting a pop up saying the last USB was unrecognized by windows, reinsert it to fix it. I reinserted every flashdrive I had & they all worked fine but the pop up continued.
Yesterday, out of frustration I once again reset it to factory settings. No pop ups but I can't find out how to update it to 8.1.
I did a google search & it said to look for KB2919355 in the updates & click on it etc. I didn't find it in there.
I'm tired of the start button & other things coming out of the right side of screen, how can I get the start button on bottom left? Please

To move the Task Bar which includes the Start button, right click on the Task Bar and make sure the Task Bar is unlocked. Right clicking again on the Task Bar, choose Properties and change the location of the Task Bar to the bottom.

Ok, right now the 8.1 update from the MS store has me rebooting & its at 82% so I am hoping it'll be fixed once its done. Will post back either way, thank you :)

It has been updated to 8.1, now if I can just figure out how to get rid of the HTG link "Programs", thing.

I did this Right-click the “Programs” text if you want to change or hide its name. After you’re finished, right-click the taskbar again and select “Lock the taskbar.”, & programs has disappeared. I hope I haven't screwed something up.

To move the Task Bar which includes the Start button, right click on the Task Bar and make sure the Task Bar is unlocked. Right clicking again on the Task Bar, choose Properties and change the location of the Task Bar to the bottom.
Ok, next question. How to keep the Settings, Start, Search etc, etc menu from sliding out from the right side? I'm completely new to this OS.

If you are talking about the Task Bar, I already told you how to unlock it. Lock it the same way.

Evidently I have 2 taskbars then. When my curser is moving in the right edge area, a verticle "taskbar" slides out showing the Settings, Start, Search etc, etc menu. I'd like to know how to stop it if I can. If not, I'll live with it. :) I'll google till then :)

Back