HP F2210 All-In-One Printer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. So I bought this HP F2210 printer the other night at Walmart, because it was on sale for $29. It clearly states on the box that it's compatible with Macs. I have a PPC iMac and a MacBook Pro. I took the printer home, followed the installation and setup instructions to the T. Once I attempted to print, that's where the trouble began. The first thing I noticed was that when I installed the drivers, it said "0kbs are needed to install the drivers" which makes no sense at all. So I tried to install the drivers off the site instead. That did the exact same thing. The first error I got was when I tried to print, all the lights on the side of the printer would freak out and I'd have to turn it off with the power button and then back on. After that I started getting an error where the print icon would show up in the dock and then disappear. Now I'm having an error where when I try to print something it shows that it's printing but nothing prints. Throughout all of this NOTHING has printed. I am under the impression that it's not the printer itself, but a driver malfunction or error made by HP. The printer seems to scan and print fine when just using that feature. I contacted HP and they told me to print a test page by pressing the Cancel and Color Copy buttons located on the side of the printer. This printed a test page, but it did not change any of my problems. Can anyone help me out!?

Sounds like a faulty USB data cable, or connection.
Try swapping the cable, or trying another USB port

thanks. i've already attempted that and it did not work. i swapped the cable for the one that was on my other printer (epson all in one which works PERFECT with mac.) i'm giving up because this whole printer thing has been a fiasco. i blame HP and their lack of customer support for macs. i also blame their mac drivers which i think may be the key problem. i mean the HP customer support people are complete morons. they take an entire day to respond to me via email and they say 1 sentence which asks me something that i've already said i've tried. i'm just going to try to find something that is actually compatible. thanks for your help.

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
By the way HP is a sales company, only dealing with selling Hardware (and a little support with that too ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back