HP G60 mousepad not working

ajross

Hello fellow TechSpotters,

I would like to share an issue I've been having with my laptop (HP G60-635DX) recently.

I have been forced to use an external mouse because the touchpad has not been responding. The blue light above the touchpad is on, but the mouse still does not work after toggling on an off. I've also done a hard reset twice with no effect. I think it has something to do with drivers, but I don't know where to begin to look for the correct drivers or software for this computer.

Help?
A.

Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply; I just got home.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get this thing up and running again. The drivers downloaded from HP (I double-checked for accuracy) did not seem to do much for the laptop's mousepad. Although, it did request me to restart the computer before the changes could take place... Which made my heart skip. I thought it would magically work when I restarted -- no such luck.

I appreciate the reply, though!

Would this be a hardware issue? I haven't been able to find any replacement mousepad for this model:
HP G60-635DX.

It could very well be a hardware issue. Have you tried uninstalling the laptop drivers for the mouse pad .Then reinstalling them? If it turns out to be a hardware problem. Take it to your local computer shop. Have them order a mouse pad for it. This is if you can not find one on the web. Hp would have it. But it would be a little expensive threw them.

Back