TechSpot

HP intros 27" all-in-one Z1 Workstation with Xeon and Quadro parts

By Matthew
Feb 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. There are many 27-inch all-in-one desktops available today, but none of them deliver workstation-level performance according to HP. The company will supposedly fill that void with its new Z1 Workstation,…

Read the whole story

2. i like the idea of using no tools to take all the parts out

3. "The Z1 will kick off in April at $1,899 with a Core i3-2120, integrated HD 2000 graphics..."

HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAH *sigh* :/
    I guess HP thinks everyone is dumb and would overpay for crap?

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Since you are clearly not one of those "dumb" people, you must realize this is for enterprise customers with a Xeon CPU, ECC memory etc.. etc.. etc.. ?

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Not everyone can notice the obvious Rick.

6. A all in one, upgradeable PC, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im in

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Only problem is, Xeon has a different socket to the i3. Meaning, it's really really expensive just for the base model.

8. I gotta agree with the guy above, this system is WAY overpriced for the starting specs. Hell, the iMac starts at $1,699 with WAY better specs (i5, 4gb, 1tb). So what if its an "enterprise" solution, with the way companies are cutting budgets and consolidating, I don't see this product hitting the market in good position...and to get an "enterprise" class system, with a Xeon and more ram, how much is that gonna cost???

9. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

No option for Windows Home, and Linux is an available option. Kind of tells me it's not meant for Grand-ma to check her email. I say, let corporate take the first batch of these computers. These look awesome. Once the cost to manufacture it drops the rest of us can get one at a better price for home use.

10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 814   +93

Those Xeon and Quadro parts are less beefy than their cheaper consumer level counterparts at the same price point.

You gotta spend a lot to get more from the workstation/server level stuff.

11. amir9988

amir9988 TS Rookie

It will get popularity in the market for easily exchanging its component although the price is high compare to other.

12. Serg

Serg TS Rookie

The good things and ideas cost money :)
    If the monitor will not be so mirroring as iMac?s one, I?ll buy it