TechSpot

HP intros Android touchscreen smartbook, Airlife 100

By Matthew
Feb 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HP has unveiled its first smartbook, the Compaq Airlife 100. The device features a 10.1-inch touchscreen, (purportedly) a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, a 16GB SSD, Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, an SD card slot, a webcam, a QWERTY keyboard around 92% the size of a standard laptop's, and it runs Android. HP says the system boots up instantly and it's good for up to 12 hours on single charge or 10 days on standby.

Read the whole story
  2. iPad Killer? Maaaaaaaybe...
  3. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

The sad future of computing... all locked to cell phone contracts.
  4. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 972   +30

Agreed with tangenta. Weren't we promised smartbook will be around $200 prices without any contract? If that's $200 without contract and $0 with, then fine, but somehow I doubt it.
  5. megrawab

megrawab Newcomer, in training Posts: 93

Wow! This notebook is so hot! I don't think it would only cost $200 when it reach the market first because it is a touch screen notebook and probably an iPad killer. I need to have this! But I also need money to buy it. Will it be available in Asia soon?...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.