TechSpot

HP keeps webOS alive as an open source project

By Jos
Dec 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After months of uncertainty HP has finally come to a decision on the future of webOS: the operating system will live on as open source. Suddenly this weekend's final $99 TouchPad…

Read the whole story

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,692   +337

That is pretty cool. I'd like to get one now, but I don't know if I want one bad enough to go through the ebay effort of getting one :)

3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

This is soooo hot! I'm crsuhing on HP right now for such a wonderful gift.

4. monkeychef23

monkeychef23 TS Member Posts: 91

Another fire sale is going to be on sunday

5. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

I'm hoping to grab one in the firesale. :)

You know you wanna..... :haha: Besides, CygenMod (or whatever there name is) are currently in alpha build with Android Ice Cream Sandwich for it, so definitely worth the firesale price in my opinion.

6. SNGX1275

Looking at their ebay store, I'm unsure of what category it will be listed in. Will they make a tablet one for the sale or will it be under Laptops? I imagine these things will be gone within seconds, so if I'm going to plan on getting one searching around for the right category might be the deal breaker.

Edit: PC Mag says it will be under Laptops. But if you go to their refurb section they have an 'Other' which is where I'd guess it will be.

7. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

The general consensus is it will be in the Laptop section. I didn't notice they had a refurb section though.

8. SNGX1275

I assume that they will be in the refurb section under laptops then since these are supposed to be refurb units. Maybe I'll end up with 3 tabs open and auto refreshing every 10s in Opera.

Edit: Actually going through refurb and then laptops is the same as going to laptops, and those laptops are refurb. The Touchpads are in there now but not at cheap prices.

Edit2: I found the Touchpad no problem, but buying it was the prob. Ebay's pages for that were loading so slow, I actually had 3 tabs open on a wireless laptop and a wired desktop trying to purchase. I'd alternate stopping and tryign to reload the tabs. It was nearly 15 minutes after the item appeared before I got to the checkout, and it was another 15 or so after that before I was able to actually enter the checking out process. I got hung up because HP required a phone number on my ebay account (even though I have one on paypal, which they also required). By the time their pages loaded to let me fix the phone it was too late. My other tabs said it was gone, but one tab had me going through paypal. But in the end it was all for not. Didn't get it. Luckily I didn't have too much else better to do so I'm not terribly bummed about my effort and not getting one, and I also am not sure I really need one, even for that price. I am a little disappointed though.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.