HP Keyboard driver uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

grammjr

Runing XP Pro SP2.
I installed an HP multi media keyboard and driver MMKbd_1020.exe. This driver worked fine. But I now have purchased and MS Wireless Elite and there is no way I can get it to accept the MS kbd driver. It keeps coming back to and asking for the HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-B) driver. I even went as far as to strip al reference to HP or SP2, even keyboards out of my reg and it stall asks for that driver on start up.
How do I get rid of it....
Thanks

hear is your fix..

go to start>run>type "msconfig" go to the startup folder and uncheck HPMMKBD or whatever it is....

apply settings, click ok and reboot.

your problem is that the hp multimedia keyboard loads software on startup from msconfig.

since the software is already gone. msconfig is referencing an inaccurate program link thus saying where the heck is the program...

make sense....

Yes it makes sense, but I already did that and no matter what keyboard I plug into the PS2 port, it thinks it is the HP keyboard. It cannot find anything new. Even after removing the driver and cleaning the reg manually and I go to add new hardware, it still tries to load the HP PS2. I did once get it to recognize the MS KB as a new KB but then I got and error saying it could not be found in the INF. I can't figure out where HP hid their hijacking file.

Look in \Windows\Inf directory.
Check any .inf files beginning with OEMxxx.inf
One of them will be about that HP keyboard. write down the name, delete it and remove any matching OEM entries in the registry.
Then reboot with the new keyboard, it should now install.

Found the oemxxx deleted it and again cleaned the reg.. that got rid of the requests for HP PS2... but then I could no long get ANY ketboard to work. Finally gave up and did a repair install of XP. That got me a keyboard back, but I cannot get the wireless kb to work. It work during the boot cycle, but once the driver laods it is done... no workie... what crap!! :hotbounce

Have you been in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and removed/uninstalled the keyboard you find there?
Or tried Control Panel/Add hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back