HP Laptop won't boot up, shuts down after 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop. I have started to have some problems with it, starting in May. It would start to boot up like normal, and then after it had a few screens of text it would shut down and restart. The LED lights would turn on, I canhear the cd start up, then it dies. After 10-15 times it would start.

Well, maybe after 2 weeks of this problem happening it just disappeared for a month. I was glad, but then in mid June it happened again!!! Luckily it didn't happen alot.

Ok, after all of that, the problem has resurfaced. The lights would turn on, the fans turn, cdrom clicks, but this time the screen won't do anything, and it restarts after 5-10 seconds. Can anyone give me any advice?

I have tried pulling out the battery and not plug it in, and then hit the start button. I have cleaned out the vents on the bottom of the laptop.When I did get my pc running a couple of weeks ago, it ran flawlessly, no problems at all. I am trying to get it to boot up, but am failing. Again any advice will be helpful.

Remove any addon component (like any external USB connections)
Remove any disc in the CD drive
Try blowing out the fan again (actually you may need to really open the laptop up, and clean and re-paste the CPU heatsink - but this is difficult)
Also reseat and blow dust away from the Ram card(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back