TechSpot

HP LJ P4014 restarts large printjobs in the middle

By TechFee
Oct 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. .

Hello, I have an issue I cant resolve with a networked HP LJ P4014 - (PC is Win 7 32 bit). Any time we try to print a larger PDF (anything over like 10 pages) the print job will get about 75 % of the way, error out, then restart printing the same file. Almost like it runs out of memory. Smaller paged jobs go through fine. I’ve noticed a 4 meg pdf, when I watch the print queue, it sends over 70 megs of data. ( Other XP machines can print the same file to the 4014 with no problem (ie7 – Win XP sp3 ))Things I've tried with the printer:

-replacing toners - was getting a 10.10 supply error with the previous toner - not current toner

-upgraded printer firmware

-power cycled and pulled cat5 and power plug.

Things I tried with with PC:

- upgraded Adobe reader

-downgrade IE from 9 to 8

-downgraded Adobe reader from 10 to 9 - removed Adobe and installed Foxit reader (same issue)

-removed and reinstalled printer on PC - Tried every driver from HP ,even universal - manually installed printer and installed through search wizard

- installed MS Silverlight

- made sure bidirectional printing was unchecked

-stopped and restarted print spooler

I'm a tech and I'm stumped and I hate it. I haven’t contacted HP yet because I think the warranty just ended. I'm think it has to do with something with the printer memory or a printer setting I don’t know about. Any help would be much appreciated

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.