HP Mini 110 won't boot into Windows 7

jephph

I've got a netbook here. By default, it boots into something called HP QuickWeb. It looks like just a small OS designed to get you online quick. The wireless within that OS will not connect unless you restore the laptop to factory defaults. Even then, if the laptop's battery drains all the way, or is taken out, the next time you log in, you will be unable to connect once again until another restore. From QuickWeb, you can choose to boot into Windows 7. I figure that's the best way to take care of the wireless problem since there are very little configuration options from within the QuickWeb OS.
Anyway, when I try to boot into Windows 7, I get a loading bar, then the screen goes black with a cursor visible. I can move the cursor, but the screen remains black no matter what. I tried some different button combinations (ctrl+alt+del, Windows+D) to no avail. I get the same thing when trying to boot into safe mode. It goes through the list of sys files it's loading, then goes to the black screen. I'm not sure how to get into the BIOS. It loads into the QuickWeb pretty quickly. I tried the usual (del, f2, f1) and those didn't work. Not sure the BIOS would help me anyway. There is no cd drive on this netbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Problem solved. HP has a restore utility that allowed me to run chkdsk. That allowed me back into Windows. Thank you.

Back