HP nx9005 the saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
After working out the problem with the help of a forum member on this site regarding the pxe-e61 error. it turned out to be a failing hard drive. after replacing with a new unit everything was running fine.

the battery life was not always great before i started getting the pxe-e61 error but now seems really bad. if i surf the net or do word processing the batterymon reports 2 hours remaining but as soon as i start taxing the system with programmes the battery drops dramatically and loses all charge within 3-4 mins

the system just turns off becuase of it, wonder if this would cause the original hard drive to develop faults that led to the pxe-e61 failure in the first place...

i guess it is new battery time but with the price of a new battery a new laptop may be in order

any ideas..............

I don't believe the battery has contributed to the Hard Drive fail
Its just that both the battery and Hard Drive were from the same laptop and had the same usage. They just decided to go at a similar time
I feel this is normal.

I also feel that 2hrs is normal for older laptops, many laptops work off 2hrs and are reported as being working perfectly normally
The drain down to minutes (quickly) before normal inbuilt shutdown, is a concern. Yes it sounds as though the battery should be replaced

Regarding possible purchase of a newer laptop. Why? Generally laptops come with a 1 year warranty, and if you buy a new battery, you would also expect that to last more than a year (although batteries have always been a bit of a concern)
If all other components seem okish, then replacing the Hard Drive (as done) and now the battery is quite normal. I don't expect any other issues (bar a noisy fan, and possible Ram issues one day)

I'd replace the battery (IMO)

Yes i think the new battery option would probably be better as the laptop spec is ok and condition is ok also.

i use my main pc for most of the tasks anyway, the laptop for general surfing and connecting xbox360 to the internet

would you go for oem or generic

many thanks

The first point of contact is OEM, until you then compare the prices to generic (Generic always usually being cheaper)
Generally Users way up the difference and go for the cheaper option of Generic
Where the cheapest "Generic" battery is, I don't know. I'd probably checkout eBay for any power sellers ;)

Help with my HP nx9005

Trying to flash BIOS with no luck!
Displayed "Enter password" at boot up. Now I can't access BIOS to boot from CD/DVD.
I need to remove BIOS password. When I press F12 my hash code is 14266.

Please help me with my laptop!
Regards

Trying to flash BIOS with no luck!
Displayed "Enter password" at boot up. Now I can't access BIOS to boot from CD/DVD.
I need to remove BIOS password. When I press F12 my hash code is 14266.

Please help me with my laptop!
Regards

cant help with the bios password but you can get the nx9005 to boot from the required source by entering esc when you power the laptop on. this takes you to the boot menu and you can select cd drive and hit enter. it will then boot from drive selected

hope this helps

Good idea, because we can't support it here
And mike4scuba, please use the Edit button to add to your posts (if your post is the last post in the topic)
3 emails in a row is too much for me not to say something :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back