TechSpot

HP Pavilion a6217c won't turn on after accidentally pulling plug

By noctrnl13
Sep 26, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Last night in a sleepy stupor I unplugged my Hp pavilion without shutting it down usually no problem right? This morning I tried starting it up and got a flashing green light on the back of psu. It doesn't go away until after about 2 minutes of it being unplugged. If I plug in the PSU without the mobo cord plugged in the light is a steady light like everything is working. Someone told me to take an eletrical wire and put on end into a black psu wire and the other into the green mobo connector wire.(terminated wire into terminator) Does anyone have any other advice it's really my friends computer and I was wondering if there's a fix or do I have to shell out for a new psu.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

Of course, the fix would depend on what is actually wrong the PC. It could be the power supply but my money is on a fried motherboard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.