HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx laptop display issue

OCSS_Andrew

Hello Community,

My name is Andrew Fratello and I work for a computer repair shop in Florida, I'm new in the field at a professional level but I've been tinkering with computers since I was a little kid. I'm new to this site as well and I hope it to bring me some good help with some of my future work if I cant trouble shoot it myself.

The HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx Laptop came into the shop today, The problem with the PC is that it doesn't have any display at all. You can turn it on and it will stay on just fine but even when I plug in a VGA cord connected to one of our shop monitors, the screen still isn't displaying. If it was a LCD screen issue I'm sure I would have been getting video feed from the external monitor, which leads me to believe that the motherboard is malfunctioning.

I want to double check here with you guys and get a couple opinions before I let the guy know what the problem is and what needs replacing. The last thing I want to do is have the gentleman buy a new part that is worth a couple hundred and then it turning out to not have been the problem at all. Please get back to me ASAP, Thanks and looking forward to your responses!

That was another one of my thoughts, which would result in either re-soldering a new chip on there or replacing the whole motherboard completely, correct?

You are very correct, Or it just be the original chip is loose on the board. A lot of Hp are Known for this. If it were me I would go with motherboard. Just to make sure .

Yeah, id say the same for myself. Replacing the board would be the safer option id say. Thank you very much!

The safest option is indeed the replacethe mb. An other option is to demount the mb and re-flow it. If you have that ability in your repairshop.

Ah, Well I could do that too. Unfortunately I had already bought his new motherboard so it would be pointless but worth a shot none the less.

Back