HP Pavilion dv6 Bluetooth problem

bwarren97

Hi, I have a (fairly) new HP Pavilion dv6 laptop, and my Bluetooth adapter was working fine up until two days ago, where it just stopped working altogether. The system still says it is working, except one thing: usually when I restart the computer or turn the wireless adapter off and on, a notification dialog box pops up saying something like "Starting Bluetooth adapter", but that stopped happening, as well.

EDIT: My Wi-Fi is still fully functional, if anybody is wondering

The Bluetooth adapter still works on Ubuntu as far as I can tell, so that is another reason why I believe this is a driver/OS problem. I have searched this forum and the HP forums as well, and have found no solution so far. Here is some technical information that I think might be useful:

Primary OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
Wireless Adapter: Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Other installed OS: Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.1 LTS - Virtual partition

If there is any other information that anyone needs, be sure to tell me because I haven't had a problem like this before.

Please help!

Hey, Did you install the correct driver for your Bluetooth? and also can you check the firewall? maybe the firewall block it.
and also what kind of anti virus did you using?

Assis
Lorosae Computer Service
Desktop and Laptop Engineering

Hey, Did you install the correct driver for your Bluetooth? and also can you check the firewall? maybe the firewall block it.

Assis
Lorosae Computer Service
Desktop and Laptop Engineering

I'm not sure you understood me correctly...
I said that the bluetooth was working correctly up until a few days ago, and after a quick restart, it stopped working. It couldn't be a incorrect driver installation, because the driver was working fine.
EDIT: Also, by the way, I have had this laptop for almost a year now, with no problems with the bluetooth until this point.

Also, there is nothing wrong with the adapter, and I know that for two reasons:
-The wi-fi still works fine
-Ubuntu can access the bluetooth just fine

Wait a minuite...I did a full scan of my computer with Microsoft Security Essensials recently, and it found some files it deemed a threat. Let me check the log to see what files they were.

Ok, I looked, and it showed 2 files in the history, but I'm pretty sure it detected 3: 2 from Java and 1 from somewhere else (I see that one in the history, and it wasn't from the bluetooth files), but they were all exploits. Nothing relevent there.
If the firewall was blocking a program, it would tell me what it is, right? Because I have no clue what program to add to the list if it is what's blocking my bluetooth.

I am going to try my USB adapter for the time being, because I have no clue as to why Windows isn't activating the internal adapter. If anyone knows about Bluetooth drivers and such, or has had this same problem, please help!

Ok, I did a system restore, and most of the functions of the Bluetooth are working now, except that I cannot discover new devices. So, if anyone knows how I can fix this, please help.

Back