HP Pavilion Vista booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment with Vista. When I pressed the power button, the first boot screen came up (black with the HP logo), like it's supposed to do. However, it stayed at this screen for five minutes at which point I held down the power button and then tried again.

The same thing happened two more times. Then I turned it off for a few minutes and made sure it had enough air and moved it to another location. And then it worked.

It's ok now, but I'm a little worried the next time I won't be so lucky. Anyone familiar with this problem? Should I be worried?

Hi Welcom to Techspot
yes Be afraid Be very afraid (Only joking).

This does indicate some problem, But it is difficult to diagnose, When you power on from now on Watch the Hdd activity light on the Base Unit, and note if it flashes or stays on permanently and post back.

If your pavilion is new and you are still under warranty I suggest you contact HP or your supplier before it escalates into a serious failure..

Thanks for your advice. As for the activity light -- I'm assuming this is the light that tells you when the computer is "thinking" -- in this case, it was off... no blinking at all.

And yes, the warranty has expired...

HI Again If you are Confident That you Can and its not a Laptop, Then Open your computer Housing and note if its Clogged up with Dust (With power off and power cable removed). If so Use a soft brush Like a clean natrual bristle paint brush and Remove all the dirt and dust from everything. (Gently) But do Not use a vac.

You can also purchasea can of pressurised air from a good electrronics shop like maplins to blow all the dirt out.

Run a disk check because when you power your system off frequently without using the safe shutdown sequence in windows. it can corrupt the hard drive.

If your system is clean and it still does this then is a sign of pending hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back