HP Pavilion XH635 - mass storage devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ive been trying to fix this for a while now, i have an older laptop an HP Pavilion XH635 model. and it was working good but i got a bsod, and i formatted when i formatted my main drive, and tried to reinstall it started saying hard disk not found, blah blah.

ive hit F6 when it asks if i have to install third party drivers. and it says:

Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter.

<none>

* To specify additional SCSI adapters, CD-ROM drivers, or special disk controllers for use with Windows, including those for which you have a device support disk from a mass storage device manufacturer, press S.

* If you do not have any device support disks from a mass storage device manufacturer, or do not want to specify additional mass storage devices for use with Windows, press ENTER.

-------

so im trying now to find the driver I need to burn on this computer to a floppy disk then insert for this, its a SATA/SCSI driver or something not sure.

Can someone please help me find this download?

Your hard drive has failed, and likely will never work again.
Get a new one (Recommended: Seagate Momentus, Western Digital Scorpio, Fujitsu, or Toshiba. Avoid Hitachi, TriGem, or Samsung.... any size from 80 GB to 120.
Install using your HP disk set, which I hope you still have. Download drivers from the HP site for that model. Put them on a disk or a USB flash drive, and install them from that device.
Then put your old drive in an external USB enclosure and plug it into the USB port of the computer. It is possible that you may be able to get the drive running long enough to drag and drop all your most valuable files to the new drive after Windows has been installed, or to burn to a CD or save to a USB flash drive.

Good luck. Let us know what better information you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back