HP Pavilion ze2113us freezes. No blue screen, no errors, mouse and keyboard stop

By ejerry7
Sep 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all.

New to forum so please bare with me if I violate anything. I have an HP Pavilion ze2113us that has a formatted hard drive, new istall of XP, new heatsink and working fan, good battery, charger, tested memory and all the latest drivers. The problem is that after about 8-10 minutes, the mouse and keyboard stop working and I have to do a hard reboot only for it to happen again. It just freezes. Windows update balloon and other things still load in system tray while the mouse and keyboard do not work.

I am a computer tech but this one has me stumped. At first I thought it was over heating because I noticed that the fan did not work, so I replaced it with a working fan and heatsink. I swapped out the memory sticks, still it happens. There are no errors, blue screens, errors in event log or smell or feel of excessive heat on the bottom of case.

I would look at the touchpad and keyboard but initially they work fine. Only after 8-10 minutes do they stop working. Still seems to me like an overheating problem but the laptop should shut down or reboot when that happens. It does not.

I have not tested the hard drive but the symptoms did not warranty that. Looking for opinions and possible solutions. Any ideas would be greatly apprciated. I am at my wits end!

Thank you for your time,

Jerry

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.