HP Pavillion DV1000 starting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP Pavillion DV1000. Since last 2 days, it is giving me starting problem. When it does not start, then i remove the battery out and then put it again, repeat this process several times and sometimes that works.

I have 2 batteries, sometimes i keep changing on batteries and that also works. My both batteries are working fine, the only issue is laptop does not start by pressing the 'on' button the first time.

Once the laptop starts, then it will not shut down till i give shut down command.

What can be the problem?

I had this problem with a dell before it could be that the connectors are damaged
like mscrx says how does it behave with power supply and no battery.

how does it behave if you start with power supply only - no battery?

Thanks mscrx and jhnroy for the reply back.

With power supply and no battery, same thing happens. It does not start at all. I have tried it multiple times. On one or two occassions, just for a second the 'on light' blinks and then it is off.

reply to battery problem

to me it sounds like one of the power connectors on you're mobo are loose causing it to cut out if you still have warranty I recommend you return it back to manufacturer or pay to have repaired but if you anygood with computer inside it might require something to hold connectors in place. Can you please state how old the laptop is.
John

to me it sounds like one of the power connectors on you're mobo are loose causing it to cut out if you still have warranty I recommend you return it back to manufacturer or pay to have repaired but if you anygood with computer inside it might require something to hold connectors in place. Can you please state how old the laptop is.
John

Laptop is 2 years old.

It is not under warranty.

As the laptop is 2 years old it most probably is something loose inside meaning it will have to be looked at by someone.

Someone I know had that problem with a Dell, but they couldn't be bothered getting it fixed so what they did was left the battery out when they wasn't using it.

So when you want to go on it:
1 Put in battery
2 Put in charger
3 Turn on Laptop

If it was down to me I would try get it fixed.

Hope this info is useful

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back