HP Pavillion dv8000 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...
New here any help would be ridiculously appreciated!!

Here's my issue, I have a laptop that trys to boot then comes back with an error of an invalid partition table.

I have tried to re-format it with the operating system (XP Home) it gets to a point and the machine just shuts down. Won't re-format.

I have tried to run memtest86+ on it and it does the same thing, runs for a bit but then the machine shuts down. I did notice while running memtest that one of the categories.. Chipset stated it was disabled, is that a sign of a dead motherboard??

CAN I FIX THIS AT ALL??????

Please help

Jane

if your machine shuts down unexpectedly, you have troubles in cooling systems. afaik, dv8000/zd7000 have the same compal motherboard with some specific problems. in your case, i'd propose to you to clean cooling systems in your laptop(only in case, when laptop shuts off during booting without any warnings).

You may have missed this part:
error of an invalid partition table.
Removing the partition, as advised above by me, will fix this ;)

Note: It may also be possible to repair the partition without full clean re-install, but here's the reason why I suggested clean install:
I have tried to re-format it with the operating system (XP Home) it gets to a point and the machine just shuts down. Won't re-format.

So I started the re-install as per kimsland's recommendations and got to part 2 then the machine shut down.

Is that a fan issue and if so how do I go about fixing it??

Cheers!!!
Really appreciate all the help!!

if you never disassembled any laptop, it'll be better to take this unit to person who knows what to do and how to dismantle it and clean it correctly.

Do you think it is the cooling system?? I am ok with taking it apart, if it's worse than the fans I do have friends that do laptop tech work as well, but I would rather do it myself if possible.

Well I think I've pulled apart about 3000 laptops, probably more, because I did about 5 a day for many years!

And lamo seems to be quite good in the laptop hardware area as well, so I've seen.

But, if you have "friends" that already work on laptops, I would highly suggest you take it to them. I have just got one right now from someone, so good luck :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back