TechSpot

HP printer drivers

By jonti007
Dec 14, 2009
  1. Can anyone help--- I have downloaded drivers for a HP psc 1317 from the HP web site but it is in Polish I cant seem to find an English version and there must be one.
    Help Please

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

The psc 1317 is a printer, and I had no problem going to the HP website and finding all the drivers in English and other languages. Just entered psc 1317.

If you continue to have trouble, try using the model number printed on the label on the back or bottom of the printer instead of the one on the bezel. If you are looking for computer drivers and have the printer model by mistake, use the computer model information printed on the label on the back of the computer.

3. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

4. jonti007

jonti007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am in the uk so I googled uk sites for hp drivers. The hp site I get offers drivers for download but they unpack in apart english and polish. When the drivers unpack the instructions are in english and polish and when the installation is complete the preferences on printing is in polish. Very Frustrating indeed

5. Robadob

Robadob TS Rookie

I've just had this trouble - and frustrating it was too!

I'm also in the UK and eventually I found this HP site by pretending to be American:

h t t p colon slash slash** h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=374576&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=360489&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228

**The URL expressed in the usual way was disallowed because this is my first post on this forum, but this URL is the whole point of the post. I'm just trying to be helpful!!

It's probably too late for you, Jonti007, but others may benefit.

I cleared as much of the debris from the Polish/Czech* installation as I could by using the HP software removal utility (on that page), desktop icons, related folders, temporary files, and irrelevant registry entries (using Macecraft jv16 PowerTools). This may not have been necessary, but I wasn't going to be wasting any more time on abortive installations.

*Apologies to Poles and Czechs but I've seen forums that refer to both languages and I really don't know which language it is - it's all Greek to me!

I installed the basic driver successfully and decided to go for the full feature driver. So I cleared the decks again and downloaded the 300-odd MB driver.

This installed successfully. It's probably also worth downloading the other relevant files such as diagnostics, help utility etc. You can download these from the same site.

Good luck to anyone who's had the same unfortunate experience as Jonti and me!

6. jonti007

jonti007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Robadob, Most interesting and after a lot of pain I have got itsorted I think. Nice post

7. dipso

dipso TS Rookie

Hi all,

HP PSC 1317 printer full software and driver link url "all-driver.com"
    Good Luck

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.