HP readies up to 200,000 TouchPads in final production run

By Shawn Knight
Sep 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. HP is said to be producing one final run of their discontinued TouchPad tablet to the tune of up to 200,000 units. The company had previously hinted that there could…

Read the whole story
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

If I could get my hands on an HP tablet this second batch around for $150... I probably would.
  3. heyscotttt

heyscotttt Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

anyone know if they accept pre-orders anywhere?
  4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 528   +75

I ordered a 32GB model for $169 and still waiting for it to be delivered.

Should be this week.
  5. heyscotttt

heyscotttt Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

where did you order it? Did you pre-order for the release scheduled in october? I'd like to get in for that price..
  6. @heyscotttt, there are no pre-orders, HP took down their email notification page about a week ago after having so many people sign up for the alert.
  7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

What guest said, I believe they will be sending out notifications to those individuals first on the e-mail list. And this time around they will be limiting how many you can purchase to discourage resellers as well.
  8. Cool. I got one and a xoskins screen protector to make it last. I will probably pic one up for my wife too. I hope it goes for $100 again.
  9. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 528   +75

I got it from Tigerdirect.ca but its now unavailable since last week.
  10. I'd ordered a 32gb unit on 8/22..... today HP billed my CC and sent a email that it will ship in 4-6 weeks...wish my new toy would arrive sooner.
  11. When the firesale started I went down to my local Costco and snapped up eight of the 32 gig babies. I didnt know it was a good deal. I sold 3 on the local craigs list for $350 and people snapped them up. I will come by again when the next wave come and snap up a handful

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.